Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2017, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Apr 2017 09:44:31 -0700
From:         vw_van_fan_Mark <madvws@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Electrical problem: wipers, blowers, headlights
Comments: To: Rick N <vwfridge@GMAIL.COM>

That points to a failing ignition switch. The ignition switch is actually several switches inside, one of which powers all of those things you mention.

Mark

Rick N wrote: > I have an intermintant electrical problem. I am wondering wether there is a > short somewhere, a bad relay or something else. > The issue is with the wipers, headlights and blowers (at least), they all > intermittantly cycle off and on together. They can remain off for as long > as 1/2 an hour but will eventulay cycle back on. I can hear a relay click > from the fuse box. Will a relay click out if there is a short somewere? or > is it signifying relay end of life. > As far as I know the electical system is stock save for the relay for > higher wattage head light bulbs. I has been a very wet spring here in the > pacific north west, that said everything looks dry under the dash and on > the floor. > > Any ideas on how to procede would be appreciated. > > 1991 Vanagon 2.1 WBX 4speed > > Thanks, > Rick >