Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2017, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 May 2017 14:50:55 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Windshield washer tank repair questions

Hi list,

Update and question,

So a sighted friend with some VW ownership experience, fixed his off and on for years. tested the power to the front washer pump with me. Turns out there is power to the pump. Power is evident with tester hooked to hot and grounded to body. When grounded to brown wire no power!

So, ground wire not currently working. We added a wire to the ground and attached to the bolt holding the washer tank. pump works!

Can anyone confirm for me what else that bad ground might be connected to in my van? Or, where I need to look to re connect it? I learned a lesson on checking the power. don’t just connect the tester to the hot and ground wire. Try the ground on the body as well!

Now, I just need a audible tester.

Eric Caron 85 GL Auto Westfalia