Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2017, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 May 2017 22:43:28 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Windshield washer tank repair questions

Hi Jeff,

Any question works for me!

In one of the suggestions, in a earlier post, to my washer pump not working someone mentioned that they solved their similar problem by cleaning the connections on the wiper washer switch. the connectors can be reached by removing the steering column covers.

I had check for power at the pump so cleaning these connectors was my next area to check.

Turned out as I wrote, I did have power to the pump just not a ground. sad thing is I probably replaced the pump and such for no reason. Still the new pump with ground to frame seems super powered compared to the old one.

And, who knows I may have prevented a problem. When the plastic was off we found a wire with a spade connector on the column it was so loose I don’t know what was keeping it on, maybe just the shape of the wire. a little clamp with pliers and it is tight again. So probably prevented a problem down the road. We cleaned the connectors while I was there.

So, main reason I took it off was to see if cleaning those connectors would have fixed my washer pump.

Hope this is the info you wanted.

Eric 85 GL Auto Westfalia with super powered front sprayers.