Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2017, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Jun 2017 06:52:37 -0400
From:         Roman Haag <romanhaag@YMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Hatchback struts
Comments: To: OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET>

Lol. Rooster Cogburn. That's great. :D

I get it Alistair, I mean I know what you're on about, but I don't understand the math, so I can't be precise. The heaviest part of the opening is the very bottom of the "swing". I know because I can just barely do it with one arm. Oh, btw, the surgery is to reattach the bicep tendon to my left arm. Again.

Thanks. I'm still sitting on the email correspondence from the sales rep, Robert, from SGS Engineering.

+44 (0)1332 576 850 Mon-Fri: 8am-5pm www.sgs-engineering.com

He said they offer this: "We can offer you a adjustable strut however it will be 14mm shorter over all (gassed to 1200N which you would degas to the correct levels)

The stroke diameter is 10mm and the cylinder diameter 22mm.

New struts are available at a cost of £79.50 delivered for the pair (£24.75 per strut plus £30 shipping), they covered by a two year warranty."

I have been off work for a month, unable to use my left arm, and all of my tools are on a truck at my employer's shop, so I can't do anything at all about this now. I was lucky to get the hatch open myself.

Again, thanks Alistair. 12 years ago I had to have the top of this same tendon reattached so I'm not worried this time. Just unable to complete my Westy remodel. Looks like I won't be camping this year :(

Roman

Sent from someone's plumbing