Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2017, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Jun 2017 19:23:17 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Rear hatch grommet update
Comments: To: Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>

Hi Ken,

Just a bit to late for me Ken, but I’ll be buying one once they are out. I have rigged something up with two round grommets and bit of plastic hose. It was really hard getting the washer hose and wires through. Currently wiper and sprayer in rear are working perfectly and so I just can’t face pulling apart the washer hose, wires and all that plus put a new sprayer on.

I’m sure my creation will work for a reasonable time, and when it fails I plan to have a Vanagain Ken Wilford one ready to go in!

I had a used one on the way and if in good shape I could have sent it to you for a sample. It arrived more degraded then the one I removed and that is saying something!

One thing is that during my learning curve on this I installed the drivers side grommet on the passenger side, and if the oval ends had been round it would have fit perfectly. So that could be a sample to use.

One other thought. If you are creating a replacement no harm in trying to make the hose part just a little bigger. getting those wiper wires and hose through was really a challenge!

I look forward to hearing how the new grommet works out, and I want one for my future repair!

Eric Caron