Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2017, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Jun 2017 11:12:49 -0400
From:         "kenneth wilford (Van-Again)" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Don't yell at me but I tried led H4
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca>

Alistair it isn't a perfect solution, I understand that, however it is better than the other alternatives in my opinion (weak headlights with stock, installing higher wattage halogens in the DOT housings with the tiny 9004 plug pins, or frankensteining in some H4 housings from another car). You will see an improvement in night driving with the LED bulbs that we sell. As you said in a perfect world you would be putting H4 LED bulbs into an E-code housing. But that isn't an option at the moment.

However in the future (hopefully within the next year or so) the E-code square headlight housings will be available again! One of my suppliers is making them. The last I heard they were in the prototype stage. If I get my hands on some to test, you will know about it right away. I have no idea what the price point is going to be and the quality level of them either. We will just have to wait and see.

Ken