Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2017, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Jun 2017 09:18:28 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Couple of minor propane fridge mods
Comments: To: Edward Maglott <emaglott3@GMAIL.COM>

Hi Ed,

Well the thermal wrap on the exhaust tube does reduce the heat, but not eliminate it. After about 40 min the wrap is warm, not hot. Maybe I should stick the temp probe on it to give you a better feeling about it.

I know, the backside of the fridge. I couldn't figure out what to use and there is a lot of stuff in the way that makes a full back insulation difficult. But I will say that if I had suitable material I would have jammed some in between the sheet metal shroud of the "generator" ( the mineral wool insulated part above the combustion chamber) and the fridge body. That shroud does get hot. But I just didn't know what to use to insulate.

Neil documented or posted about pulling the entire heat exchanger from the tube inside the fridge. I chickened out after just a little trying. It's just clipped on the tube right? Maybe I'll try again.

Ok laff it up about my thermal paste choice. I used the aluminum coloured anti sieze, im betting the copper based stuff would work even better. :-)

Alistair