Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2017, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:39:58 -0700
From:         David McNeely <davmcneely40@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: refrigerator update
Comments: To: Neil N <musomuso@gmail.com>

Looking at the image, the air pump is near the extreme left. The push valve (that one holds open to start the propane, then releases when the thermocouple takes over to keep the gas flowing) is to the right of that. The line that runs from that valve to the back of the refrigerator, then down to the burner box is the one we removed. In this photo it appears to be made of copper. On my 182B it is made of steel.

I learned from Bus Depot that the "gas pipe" they list in their catalogue is one of the copper feed lines from the propane tank to the refrigerator, and that the listing is one that is erroneous anyway, because they do not have and cannot get the part. The gas line that I am talking about is NLA also (and not listed).

If I could be certain that this little propane line were the only problem, I might take it to a brake shop that fabricates brake lines, and see if they could make one, and at what cost. A skilled operator should be able to create one from copper in this case, rather than the steel required fro brake lines. I don't know why this one is made of steel, it does not operate at high pressure. It also is thinner than the copper one in the photograph.

mcneely