Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2017, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Jun 2017 21:52:22 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Coast mountain high tops
Comments: To: BenT <syncro@gmail.com>

Seems kosher to me. I know a few had enquired about the original molds and were told they were gone. The company, get away , went through ownership change and troubles some time ago. They exist now but how much claim they have on older tops is not known.

Hats off to the coast mountain for doing something. As I said before, I do think it's an attractive hightop. I've been in a few of the originals and while the interior fittings of those aren't to my taste, the hightop design works well.

Good friend Simon has an original hightop, the one I've been posting pics on my blog. Him and I put the top onto his 91 syncro westy. We pulled it from a get away van conversion of an aircooled vanagon. He loves the hightop, works well for him.

Alistair