Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2017, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Jun 2017 19:35:00 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Headlight adjusters

Ok, guys! Thanks for the suggestions. I found a way, and it was so easy I'll describe it here for future reference. One end of the adjuster is a "twist to lock" plastic mechanism . On the other end is a "pop to lock" mechanism. The end that goes intl the metal aroud the light itself, is pop to lock. Align the end of the adjuster just barely into the hole in the metal. Take a pair of channel locks ( they work bet best because of the jaw shape. Adjust the jaws so the adjuster fits lengthwise in the jaws, that is one jaw at one end, and the other jat at the other end. This will be the right opening. The jaws will be parallel to each other. Place one jaw under the edge of the metal around the light, the other jaw on the other end of the adjuster, then squeeze. The adjuster just pops in the hole and with the little beads that are present but barely visible, it locks itself in. Do all three and you are ready to mount the lamp on the metalbacking. It's easy. Insert the adjuster end through the appropriate hole, twist to lock. Mount the entire assembly back in the van and adjust.

Thats all there is to it.

JohnR