Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2017, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Jul 2017 10:27:50 -0400
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: LED lights
Comments: To: Patrick Seurynck <climb12@gmail.com>

If you're into do it yourself, you can replace the current-measuring shunt inside the VAG flasher with a smaller wire, or grind the existing shunt narrower. If you get it right you could still retain the bad-bulb rapid flashing function (which VAG intentionally added to the flasher, it's not necessary to its operation. They added circuitry to mimic the behavior of the old thermal flashers that would blink faster as the load decreased).

Yrs, d