Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2017, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Jul 2017 18:34:08 -0400
From:         John Lauterbach <john@JHL.MGACOXMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: How much damage to engine block, heads, etc.,
              in fire from leaking fuel ines?
Comments: To: schmidm90@gmail.com

Thank you to all for your replies and your suggestions. Right now I am exploring my options. The engine was turning during the fire from the starter motor as thr distributor cap and wires were nonexistent and there was no source of fuel to the injectors. The connectors between the inlet manifold and the tubes leading to the cylinders were also nonexistent after the fire. It would help if someone could tell me what they were made of so I can estimate decomposition temperature.

John