Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2017, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Jul 2017 00:26:56 -0400
From:         Stephen Engel <sengel543@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine worries return
Comments: To: Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET>

Sounds like your blue cap isn't doing its job. I've read many times on the List that even new parts aren't what they used to be. It's all too common to get bad blue caps, temperature sensors, ignition switches, etc.

How old is the tank itself? It could be the threads or the neck have worn and/or deformed to the point where they are providing the path of least resistance for the hot pressurized coolant.

I "cured" similar symptoms by wrapping the threads on the tank neck with teflon plumbers tape.

Steve 87 Syncro

Sent from my iPhone