Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2017, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Aug 2017 21:38:25 +0000
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuse Size: Aux battery to fuse block
Comments: To: Mark McCulley <markmcculley@gmail.com>

For a number of reasons marine applications add stuff including manual and remote battery disconnects. Some of this is for intermittent use and long term storage. Some is to turn off the power when something wrong happens like a fire.

Dennis, From my Windows phone. ________________________________ From: Mark McCulley<mailto:markmcculley@gmail.com> Sent: ý8/ý10/ý2017 4:32 PM To: Dennis Haynes<mailto:d23haynes57@hotmail.com> Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM<mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com> Subject: Re: Fuse Size: Aux battery to fuse block

The wiring diagram for the 7601 shows 2 wiring options, one for "engines with combined alternator and starter wires". Would this would be the wiring scheme to use with the Vanagon? I'm a bit confused because that wiring scheme requires a second component, a battery switch.

7601 wiring diagram: http://assets.bluesea.com/files/resources/instructions/980014350.pdf

-Mark

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 7:03 AM, Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com<mailto:d23haynes57@hotmail.com>> wrote: For most applications with a single house battery and small loads I have been using the 7601. I have also been installing it if front of the left taillight. This unit is priced right small and being detachable from the base makes it easy if service is needed. The 7610 is an upgrade. For installations where surge power is needed such as for a winch or large inverter the 7611 keeps the batteries combines longer (lower voltage) so that both batteries are available for those loads along with the engine alternator.

Dennis

From: OlRivrRat<mailto:OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET<mailto:OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET>> Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 1:32 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM<mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM><mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com<mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com>> Subject: Re: Fuse Size: Aux battery to fuse block

So for an Aux Batt SetUp, Is this the ACR to get or is there something

Better &or More Affordable ~

http://shop.pkys.com/Blue-Sea-7610-SI-Series-Solenoid-120-Amp-1224V-ACR_p_1626.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw5arMBRDzARIsAAqmJezwERkye99UmwdVFjCkBz8z9vOc4tw0J18_vzZCorHOBfT-Z3lYxfEaAionEALw_wcB