Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2017, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 Aug 2017 10:16:44 -0400
From:         Laura Mangan <laurakmangan@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      1985 van for sale

Greetings list,

I'm heart broken to send this email, but it must be done.

I'm putting my 1985 1.9L, 4spd manual vanagon up for sale.

It's got the original motor 183,000ish miles, in good running order. Transmission works well too. The van was bought in South Florida, and after some crucial repairs, was driven to North Western PA. (which is where I and the the van are now) Other than a fuel pump failure (it was the original), no issues to report. She drove very well, Actually. So It has a brand new fuel pump in it.

I've put some work into it, until I ran out of money (farm work doesnt really allow me to live a lavish lifestyle 😏) I'm heading south again for work, and cannot store, nor drive it south again.

All I want is for Lola Van Dieter to have a good home, with someone who has the time, money and knowledge to dedicate to her. All of which I cannot.

The body is in good shape, with very minimal rust (it's never seen a winter, salty road) it's got the original paint, but has a custom paint job on top. You may have seen the van. It's been #karbombz (ed) by Kenny Scharf.

I could say a million and one things about it, but feel free to inquire for more information. The interior is in decent shape. Original front seats, upholstery is in REALLY good shape. original carpet is a little dirty, but overall, good. Its a 7 passenger model, but I bought it with no rear or middle seats. They aren't too hard to find, if you wanted to replace them. But its ready for a custom built interior too :)

The dash has some cracking from the intense south florida heat. I have the steering wheel off at the moment, and am replacing the ignition switch and lock cylinder with new ones. and a new, working horn cover! (thanks Jim Felder )

I am asking $4,000 for it. and i'd like to see that. I am not trying to profit from this sale, simply break even. (I'm in way over my head)

I have many photos, and will happily sake phone calls or texts also.

Thanks friends.

Laura 207-242-4459