Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2017, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Aug 2017 19:09:27 -0700
From:         "Michael A. Radtke" <wa7zpu@5BY9.NET>
Subject:      Re: No Start: Fuel Pump?

Thank you everyone for the advice.

The problem is fixed. It was the fuel filter.

I was confused why Niel suspected the ignition switch, but then Stuart explained. However, I would expect that the double prime would not be so consistent with an intermittent switch. Every time I turned on the switch and removed my fingers from the key it was buzz-wait-buzz. Now that the van is running again, I have confirmed that the pump still runs twice. I asked another driver of the van and he too says, no it used to run only once. So perhaps an ignition switch failure is on the way.

Richard might be comparing a VW computer to a Subaru computer and that may be apples and oranges.

More than likely the fuel pump always ran twice and I just missed it.

BUT ...

Does anyone else have problems with WIX fuel filters? This is my first one of that brand and it was new in February. My other filters lasted for years, and clogged slowly. I never had one come anywhere near keeping the van from starting. I replaced the failed filter with another WIX and I have two more spares. Should I throw them out?

Thanks again, Mike

-