Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2017, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 20 Aug 2017 07:50:01 -0400
From:         "kenneth wilford (Van-Again)" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Fuel Line Replacement Kits Galore!
Comments: To: Steve Williams <steve@williamsitconsulting.com>

No problem. As I have said in the past, being one of the first to offer one of these kits (I believe we were the first since the topic kept coming up here, and I decided to do something about it), gives me lots of experience with the subject. We have installed many of these kits here at Van-Again over the years. I experimented with different hose, and also different types of clamps (as did VW over the course of the Vanagon models life span as a new vehicle for sale at a VW dealership). VW started out with band clamps kind of like the ABA style. They leaked. Then they moved to crimp style clamps (they leaked as well). Then on to a recall where they installed spring type clamps (they leaked the worst!). I use german worm drive clamps that have raised edges and also the zerba drive part is also raised so that it will not cut the hose. They hold very well and don't loosen or leak over time. All of the other versions will because of expansion and contraction. VW found this out the hard way and that is why they changed their clamp styles 3 times and never hit on one that worked properly.

Ken