Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2017, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Aug 2017 17:52:26 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Foil replacement vendor

Yep, I just installed it along with the GoWesty coolant buzzer in about a half hour. I love the stuff GW makes, but this is cheaper and probably easier to install than their kit, which is also often out of stock.

Easy install, and all the bulbs are LED. Twist in the dash illumination bulbs, screw down the post connectors and push on the other connectors onto their respective pins. The electron flow magic is done in the black box with the 14 pin connector instead of the foil (with no additional circuit board), and it includes a new voltage regulator. South African product and a well-tested fix.

Instructions here: https://www.vanagon.org/instrument-cluster-foil-repair Sooner or later, every owner will need this.

Stuart