Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2017, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Aug 2017 00:34:35 -0700
From:         thewestyman <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: sliding door handle adjust question
Comments: To: Stuart Hertzog <stuart@STUZOG.COM>

Supposed to use blue Locktite. Zoltan

-----Original Message----- From: Stuart Hertzog Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 8:30 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: sliding door handle adjust question

That's because the handle is held in by one bolt screwed from the inside. After a while, it works loose. I had that happen on my '84 Westie so I drilled a small hole in the wallboard just big enough to let me put a Phillips head screwdriver on it. Crude, but it works. Otherwise, you'd have to keep ripping out the wallboard. I guess Locktite would be useful here.

Stuart Hertzog VanIsle Westies <https://www.meetup.com/vanislewesties/>