Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2017, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 31 Aug 2017 11:36:07 -0700
From:         Steven Johnson <sjohnso2000@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oil pressure light and buzzer
Comments: To: Dan N <dn92610@gmail.com>

I bought my 91 Westy new in May 1991. Through much of the life of the camper, I limited my top speed to 65 mph. I have the stock setup with no modifications. I run Castrol 20w-50 exclusively. As the miles got up to 200,000 miles on the odometer I've limited my driving top driving speed to 60 mpg because I'm slowly losing coolant and since I had my clutch replaced the shop apparently couldn't get the engine seal replaced correctly so there is an oil leak there. Drove over 5K miles around and across the country and made back to the Sacramento area with no issues. The odometer is currently at a little over 253,000 miles. Same stock setup. Original engine with original heads never removed.

Others with different conditions will quote differently.

Steven 91 Westy