Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2017, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Aug 2017 13:29:49 -0400
From:         Larry Alofs <lalofs@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Power window switch relocation
Comments: To: Toomey Douglas <drt@uoregon.edu>

Sometimes the contacts in the switches get corroded and they can be polished and relubricated. Reassembling those switches is VERY challenging. If one half is in a vise and the other is clamped in a large pair of visegrips, I can sometimes get it to go together straight enough, but not usually. The last time I faced this task I got so frustrated that I invented a way to use a switch from an old Subaru donor car. Electrically it was the same, but it took a little inovation and JB weld to mount it in the bezel.

Larry A.