Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2017, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Sep 2017 16:29:34 -0400
From:         Ed McLean <email99@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Front shift rod installation help needed

Thanks, Ken.

My problem is I put the aux ac condenser on the left side, behind the gas tank. This puts it directly behind the access hole you mentioned. I can get the rod in place but it is on the wrong side (i.e. left) of the bracket and brake line that is just to the left of the bushing hole in the cross member. I've not been able to work the shift rod over so it can be pulled back through the bushing hole. I'll keep trying. I probably need to get it on jack stands so I can see better. There is a youTube video and it looks so easy. I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks again, Ed