Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2017, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 4 Sep 2017 09:42:57 -0400
From:         Spencer Allen <spencervw@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: solar battery charger or tender options
Comments: To: d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM

Remembert those solar panels VW dealers used to have in the windshields of cars sitting on the lot. I got one somewhere and I think it was rated at 18? watts. Would that maintain a battery? I think they only used them for one model year. Spencer

-----Original Message----- From: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM> To: vanagon <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sun, Sep 3, 2017 8:47 pm Subject: Re: solar battery charger or tender options

These small solar battery maintainers are really only useful for overcoming a batteries self-discharge and the small parasitic loads of unused vehicles such as clocks and radio memory etc. They do not produce enough power to handle any real loads, not even charging your cell phone. Overall most of these are best use for cluttering your glove box or other cramped storage areas.

Dennis