Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2017, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Sep 2017 11:14:27 -0700
From:         Kenneth O'Connor <k_a_oconnor@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: [WetWesties] Electric mayhem part 2
Comments: To: Jeremy Stovin <jjstov@yahoo.com>
Comments: cc: wetwesties@yahoogroups.com

Hello Jeremy,

When using your multimeter to test for current draw, it needs to be set to measure Amps (or, most likely, milliAmps). You will likely need to move the red test lead from the Volts/Ohms port on the multimeter to another port intended to allow you to measure current. There may be two ports. One will be for lower current loads and one for higher current loads (on the order of 10 Amps). You will also have to set the multimeter to measure current. This is usually done with the big knob.

You might watch a YouTube video if you need further clarification.

Ken

Sent from my iPhone