Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2017, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Oct 2017 13:00:24 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: difficulty shifting
Comments: To: David McNeely <davmcneely40@gmail.com>

it sounds like the clutch might need service. ,, I run Swepco, too, in a recent rebuilt 5sp. It IS a bit harder to shift for a few minutes upon cold going... Doesn't do it if I warm the transmission, idling in neutral for a few minutes before driving off. It was obvious when my transmission was going out...it got noisy..so noisy I could hear the whine louder when I lowered my window... Change out the brake fluid, bleed clutch... good to do in the fall anyway... Then look at the transmission, if it still needs help.