Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2017, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Oct 2017 07:55:55 -0700
From:         "Andrew R." <a.richar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: "sticky" new Gowesty throttle body
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

All seemed to be functioning as it should after disconnecting cable and checking TB for any hang ups. Van sat in the 60-70deg parking lot at work and then I drove 125 miles to the beach and never had the issue. Woke up this morning to a crisp 40 deg and high idle had returned. Disconnected the cable and tried to get the TB to repeat the symptoms and couldn't do it. I have the stock tension spring attached from the plenum to the TB. Accelerater cable has never been changed in the 14 years I've owned the van so I may swap in my spare, but I'm troubled by the coincidence of the cable now being bad right after my TB was changed out. Would a vacuum leak when cold cause this?

Thanks everybody!