Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2017, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 Oct 2017 16:59:22 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine running badly
Comments: To: Bruno Walser <bruno.walser@comcast.net>

I would look for a vacuum leak. One place to look that is often overlooked - and I'm assuming the 2.l L WBX - is the breather hose that goes from the top of the engine over to the AFM. Those will rot out on the underside and you will never see it. Like you, had lots of trouble 'til I replaced that hose. It looked and felt fine on top, but oil vapors passing through it rotted it out underneath over time. Also, be sure all the connection on the induction system are tight. Air seeps anywhere along the way can cause trouble.

John