Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2017, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Oct 2017 19:21:26 -0400
From:         John Samuel <subaruavendre2000@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bus Muffler to AC Vanagon
Comments: To: Vince Speelman <v@vinspee.me>

I went that route and was glad to have the adapter when came assembly's time. I would not crush the heat tubes 'cause cold weather I want that heat in front cab. And during hot weather my engine needs all the cooling helps it can gets. My engine was missing the EGR setup but given the opportunity I would suggest buying the muffler that comes with the EGR connection and keeping (a well maintain) EGR ( for lower engine temp.).

Dealing with German Supply for those adapters was ... well ... Lets say it took forever to arrived (but I was in no rush and I must admit that I had others goods experiences with GS - YMMV). They look not very high carbon steel (rust quickly) and to me it looks not that difficult to outsource yourself (with muffler in hands, the dimensions become obvious - thickness is IIRC 1 3/8").

other options ( also adding SS adapters, why not)

IF I had money <http://shop.vintagespeed.com.tw/s.nl/it.A/id.662/.f>