Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2017, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 Oct 2017 02:00:21 +0000
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon weights
Comments: To: Edward V Barger <edvbarger@MAC.COM>

Go to page B3 and also check out note "A" on the bottom. http://www.tiresafety.com/images/Tire%20Replacement%20Manual.pdf

For your tire regardless of the max inflation pressure on the sidewall there is no capacity increase over 35 psi. Handling and fuel economy benefit only. That tire also tops out at 1,433 pounds capacity minus 10 % leaves only 1,290 or 2,580 pounds/axle. This tire is not appropriate for a fully loaded vanagon. During your next trip stop at a truck stop and see what your actual weight is to see if you are at or under the 2,580 pounds/axle.

Dennis

Thanks have noted the the door frame just want to find out what the wisdom of the group knew beyond that

Have always wondered if I should add pressure when loaded for camping ?

Front load I weigh 160 wife 104 the solar panel over the luggage rack adds about 30 and we end up with aprox 50 in the bag in the luggage rack

The pup adds 60 pounds he is either on the back seat or on the floor between the front seats I added a seat belt receiver so he can be strapped in

on the floor in the by the back seat usually two coolers strapped down they weigh with ice etc aprox 50 each

Then in the rear over the engine aprox another 50

Usually do not fill up the water tank until we are close to the camping site no sense lugging extra weight

ed Uniroyal P205/70R14 93T M+S Edward V Barger edvbarger@mac.com 310 922 6251