Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2017, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Nov 2017 22:18:45 +0000
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel pump won't.
Comments: To: Stephen Edwards <chibicyclist@gmail.com>

I'm not sure but I think all the available tanks are coming from the same place. Of all the tanks I have installed the only problems I have had is getting the fuel tank sender to seal properly and having the pump inlet restricted. That has been a tough one. I have punched some tank screens out and still the pumps are cavitating. I have replaced 2 new tanks due to this issue.

As part of replacing the tank plan on replacing the vent tubes and hoses and carefully check the carbon canister and the vent valve for proper operation. These tanks are much thinner than original and a failed venting system can let the pump suck them in in no time at all. Also, pull the expansion tanks in the wheel well and check the seals on the gravity valves on top. Be careful separating the lower hoses as the nipples break off easily. These side tanks are no longer available.

Dennis

________________________________ From: Stephen Edwards <chibicyclist@gmail.com> Sent: Friday, November 10, 2017 9:57 AM To: Dennis Haynes Subject: Re: Fuel pump won't.

Ah ok. That makes sense.

Any thoughts on where to go for replacement/who to avoid?

Steve

Sent from my iPhone