Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2017, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Nov 2017 12:14:45 -0500
From:         Ned Savoie <ned@HARBOURLIGHT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Wheel dollies
Comments: To: Michael Catlin <mjcatlin.l@gmail.com>,
          Stephen Engel <sengel543@yahoo.com>

Hi all, change of plan. The units I was looking at were backordered. There was a guy about an hour away who had 4 HF skates, the kind that ratchet https://www.harborfreight.com/1250-lb-Capacity-Vehicle-Positioning-Wheel-Dolly-62234.html

I had read some questionable reviews, and some great ones as well. The biggest tip was to grease all the bearings before using, which this guy did. These things are awesome, way more heavy duty than I expected. I can easily push the bus around by hand. In fact, I released one of the skates in case I inadvertently leaned on the vehicle. That's how easy it is to move.

Expensive new (but often go on sale). I was lucky enough to get them for $200.

Ned

--

Ned Savoie Creative Director

Harbour Light Strategic Marketing Savvy Software, Inc. 621A Islington Street Portsmouth, NH 03801

[Telephone] 603.427.2821 [Facsimile] 603.427.0938 [Mobile] 603.828.2400