Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2017, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Dec 2017 12:07:23 -0800
From:         Dick Wong <sailingfc@DSLEXTREME.COM>
Subject:      Re: Wiper arm flapping all over the place
Comments: cc: Harry Hoffman <hhoffman@IP-SOLUTIONS.NET>

I have not done this on the Vanagon, but I have used this product to repair woodscrew issues. Mr. Grip perforated metal strips <https://www.amazon.com/Woodmate-2498-Grip-Screw-Repair/dp/B001B38ALG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512849314&sr=8-1&keywords=mr+grip> . The strips can be cut with tin snips or heavy duty scissors. The perforations will “bite” into the wiper arm bore and the thickness of the material will bring the arm back up so the nut/washer has something to push on now.

Just a thought.

Good Luck!

-Dick-

Hi Folks,

So, my passenger side (1989 tin top) wiper arm and blade were frozen onto the windshield and I didn't realize. I turned on the wipers and the passenger side now either droops below the windshield or flaps all the way past 180 degrees and lays in between the passenger and driver seats on the windshield.

If I'm reading this (

<http://www.gowesty.com/tech-article-details.php?id=145> http://www.gowesty.com/tech-article-details.php?id=145 ) right it seems that maybe it's just the arm that's machined out too much.

A couple of questions. Am I reading this correctly? And so I should start by getting a new wiper arm? if that doesn't work then is the next step trying to follow up with using a bolt to secure them together?

The idea of pulling the dash to replace the motor is really the last thing I want to do.

Any suggestions or words of wisdom?

Cheers,

Harry