Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2017, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Dec 2017 02:24:31 +0000
From:         Ryan Perry <rjdperry@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Dash blower fan
Comments: To: Jared Planter <jaredplanter@gmail.com>

I just replaced with the Mopar 4 speed resistor you can find write ups on samba. I think it's intended for a jeep wrangler? Seems better design and placement for air flow to keep it cool and certainly better price. Little rewiring and all good to go, works great and have 4 speeds now with easier replacement if there are issues in the future.

The whole job took maybe 2 days and included all the fixins like new foam. I used truck bed topper foam. Cleaned and greased flaps. Cleaned the grounds, lubed the windshield wipers, updated cigarette lighter to modern and drilled dash to fit normal one in the euro spot. Big cleaning too.

Only problem is now none of my interior dash lights work and i broke 2 heater knobs. Oh well, can't win them all! But if anyone has 2 extra vent sliders I'll pay good money!👍

Pix of the project in my Artie album. https://goo.gl/photos/N8sPGaj1Zc6iDs8k7

Good luck! Ryan in Asheville