Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2017, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Dec 2017 14:20:12 -0500
From:         "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: David's van was: Gerry
Comments: To: ecaron1@comcast.net

Hey Eric; The bus (Vanagon)was what I was using for shopping this AM! The guys at Wreck-a-Mend in Myrtle Beach did the best they could, which was pretty good. I upgraded to a A/C evaporator that is made for current coolants and got a new radiator and hoses in. The body work they did was pretty phenomenal considering the damage (long trailer hitch pushed through the lower passenger side radiator so far it put a slight bump where one would put their feet). The upper bumper also got pushed in. They got that pulled out without destroying the structural integrity of the bumper, but having not done Vanagon work, the curve is just a little off. Most would not notice it, but one can see a slight deviation from the grille. We also had a difficult time getting all the air out of the system. Oh, they didn't replace the radiator air dams, I even got new whiz bang GoWesty ones. By that time (took 3+ weeks. Nice to visit with family down there, but time to get home) I took the bus, my wife, and the air dams and went home the slow way. Cut across to the Blue Ridge Parkway and up through the backside of PA to Bingingham NY and onto 90 and the Mass Pike to home. Once there, I was able to get the passenger side and lower ones in without too much disassembly. The driver side dam was totally blocked by the new A/C hose that came with the new evaporator All in all, the bus looks and runs well. The Solar Eclipse was one of the most awesome things I have seen. And it was nice at the beach (Myrtle Beach). Another adventure survived and enjoyed (except for my wallet :o) ).

Dave B.

-----Original Message----- From: Eric Caron <ecaron1@comcast.net> To: David Bjorkman <ddbjorkman@verizon.net> Cc: Vanagon List <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sun, Dec 17, 2017 6:46 pm Subject: David's van was: Gerry

Hi David,

Once you get all that shopping figured out how about a update to how things turned out for your lovely van after the front end repairs?

Eric Caron