Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2018, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Jan 2018 15:19:28 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Multi Conductor Shielded Automotive Wire Temperature Rating
Comments: To: neil N <musomuso@gmail.com>

why not just go get a "new" one, or visit any junkyard for one? They all seem the same through the years on the ABA and Jetta line. They are simple microphones that hear a knock by being bolted to the motor...that signals the timing to stop the knock...The ones I've seen all use the generic VW plugs on the other end... like the Temp II plugs... Rock Auto.. probably even NAPA...I don't think they are specific... could be wrong... but one on my inline got cracked, I installed another...works fine. .