Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2018, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Jan 2018 23:08:24 -0700
From:         OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: 91 Headlight Upgrade
Comments: To: Chris S <szpejankowski@GMAIL.COM>

On 17 Jan , 2018, at 6:22 PM, Chris S wrote:

> After trying many options over the years I use Hella Super H4. They are the best I’ve had, and I’ve tried all except Euro rectangular e-codes: > > http://www.rallylights.com/hella-super-7-round-h4-for-2-headlamp-systems-each-with-city-light-hl39519.html

My VanLife has consisted of a '76Westy, an '83.5 H2OBxr Westy (1st 1 in NM) & My present '90Westy ~ I had H3s on the 83.5 & Liked

them A Lot ~ On the '90, until recently, I have been using Sylvania Silver Star Ultras in the LowBeams & Sylvania Silver Stars in the Highs

& even with My 72YrOld Eyes had No Dissatisfaction with the Amount of Light or the Pattern they produced (Nice Wide Clean Band across the

road) ~ I did install Relays a few years ago & that Was a Huge improvement ~ A couple of Mo's back there was some discussion on FakeBook

about some $10/Pair LEDs for the LowBeams that caught My attention & I thought, heck for $10 why not give them a try ~ Like them A Lot ~

The Clean Band is gone but it is a Lot more of a Light Everywhere, Broad DayLight kind of view ~ Have so far not had any complaints from on

coming cars ~ I suspect that, for the most part, most everyone must just be getting used to bright headlights coming @ Them ~

These are the 1st set that I got to test

https://tinyurl.com/y8eqzvqc

& when I Liked & a Friend ordered a 2nd Set these are the 1s that showed up & I am running them

https://tinyurl.com/ybt7m3m9

A 3rd Set was ordered & it is the same as the 1st Set ~ They must have been Popular as the price has Gone Up ~

I really do think though that for those among us that have Old BeatUp HeadLights & Adjusters, that the New ECode Sets that have become

available are a definitely a Smart Buy to Consider ~