Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2018, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 Feb 2018 18:00:18 +0000
From:         Poppie Jagersand <poppie.jagersand@YAHOO.CA>
Subject:      Re: Off-topic (Friday) Ford Connect Propane tank
Comments: To: Steven Johnson <sjohnso2000@GMAIL.COM>

In Europe almost all small and midsize campers have the propane bottle in a ventilated cabinet inside. My 1985 US-market Westy was converted to this (plus changing electric and lights) when re-imported to Germany. Practically this means one can get propane everywhere BBQ tanks are exchanged, and there is no need to find an actual propane filling station (usually this needs an Internet search and a drive out of the way of the original route.)

I first read Ford Transit, and not connect. Below is a link to the Westfalia built Transit camper. In my opinion a nice solution to a hightop camper. (No relation to the link source.) These Westies, nicknamed "Nugget" can be bought second hand starting from Eur 10,000 (2005-8) to 25,000 (2010-12). From 2013 or so they are based on the new chassis and are more expensive (30-40k). Personally I prefer the clean look of the 2005-12 over the 2013- which has the obvious "RV-bump" projecting forward. Just 4.8m long / 16ft. The trick to fit the bed and a separate kitchen is that when sleeping one sticks the feet under the kitchen counter. My personal opinion is that the T3 Westy is the ideal camper for 2, but now we are a family of 4. If it's raining and we're in the van for one person to move all others have to shift around. When cooking, the others have to go out. The separate kitchen / utility area in nugget westy lets people continue using the table area when someone is cooking. In the morning some can continue sleep, while others make their breakfast. It's also roomier in the hardtop compared to the T3 hightop Westy.

Martin (82 1.9TD Westy in Canada and 85 1.9 Westy in Europe)

Rent this Ford Transit Nugget Westfalia motorhome for 4 people in Lienden from p.d. - Goboony | | | | | |

| | | | Rent this Ford Transit Nugget Westfalia motorhome for 4 people in Lienden f... We would like to offer you (private) our beautiful bus camper for rent. It is a camper of the type Ford Westfali... | |