Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2018, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Feb 2018 15:03:40 -0500
From:         Edward Maglott <emaglott3@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Total loss, RIP
Comments: To: steve meassick <stevem@tdhvac.com>

the propane tanks have a pressure release valve to prevent the tanks from exploding. As the temp increases, the pressure inside increases and the valve opens to vent some of the propane. That would have made a great big flame thrower from each tank in your already burning shed.

Ron is right about the insurance. I convinced them not to total mine when it got in a "minor" accident. I found several comparable SOLD listings on ebay and printed them out. I found ones that went for more than mine was worth that were older or had more miles, etc so I could say they were not even as good as mine was.

Edward