Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2018, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Mar 2018 18:44:16 -0800
From:         Rick Cooper <rickdcooper@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel pressure too high
Comments: To: Neil N <musomuso@gmail.com>

I'll take the pressure gauge back tomorrow and pick up a better quality one -- it was $21 and I guess I got what I paid for.

You may be right Dan that both pressure regulators are faulty; I'll know once I get a reliable pressure guage.

Neil, the '87 is an automatic (while the '86 parts van is manual). But I'm not sure what you're gettting at in your first paragraph. I'll try your gas cap suggestion, though I'll be surprised if the system is that air-tight. I rapped the fuel pump to try to dislodge potential debris, but I'll redo that again with compressed air (I don't think you can run these things backward can you?). It's worth redoing for sure, since it was one of the first things I did now a few weeks ago.

Rick