Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2018, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Mar 2018 12:48:21 -0800
From:         Rick Cooper <rickdcooper@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel pressure too high
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

My problems have worsened for the moment. While the battery was recharging yesterday, I cleaned the battery terminals and connectors as well as those at the starter. I did so because the spare battery I tried to jump start from would just hardly turn the starter over and not enough for the engine to fire. Felt like a bad connection somewhere. In any case, when I put the recharged battery in this morning, I had no power at the fuel pump (but lots of power to turn the starter).

There's no power at the fuel pump, because there is none at the "Digifant Control Unit Relay" (as it is called on page 97.106 (track 34) of the Bentley wiring diagram. I've got power at the Alt B+ terminal. If I'm reading the wiring diagrams correctly, that gets power from the Alt B+ terminal (on track 5). So have I broken a wire or is there some other possibility? Could I have fried the ECU by leaving the ignition on overnight to the point of draining the battery? (I don't think that would cause this, but I may not be understanding these wiring diagrams fully. I have a spare ECU but I'm reluctant to put it in until I'm sure I'm not going to damage it.)

I also discovered this morning that the hose from the bottom of the charcoal canister was cut and the end stuffed into the adjacent frame member. The port at the top of the air cleaner has been capped. I was able to blow air through that hose though with some resistance. Not sure whether this is related to my fuel supply problems.

Rick