Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2018, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Mar 2018 08:48:14 -0800
From:         Jim Davis <SyncroHead@AOL.COM>
Subject:      New! Vanagons.org Website

Hi Vanagon friends,

I've been working on a brand new website for a while now but it is now live. Here's the address...

www.Vanagons.org <http://www.vanagons.org/>

Some time ago (1996 actually) I began compiling model-by-model information for each model of Vanagon, for each year in the USA market. It was all just text and I completed barely over half of the Vanagon years at the time. These descriptions were available at Vanagon.com for many years, but no longer exist there since that URL was re-purposed.

The new www.Vanagons.org <http://www.vanagons.org/> website now hosts this information, and more. The purpose is to provide one-stop-shopping for definitive information on the Vanagons VW sold in the USA market. As part of this effort, I have recently purchased a large-format scanner (not a small expense) so that I can make clean, straight, hi-res scan s of VW's largest brochures and original window stickers.

A few recent topics at TheSamba have aided in my quest for accurate information:

One to get more new car window stickers: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693871 <https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693871&highlight=> &highlight= I'd like to get many more window stickers, so if you can help here, I'd really love it.

One to clear things up on the 1986 Wolfsburg Campers (still not cleared up by the way) https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=694717 <https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=694717&highlight=> &highlight=

and a third topic to help assemble a "Vanagon Spotters Guide": https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695078 <https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695078&highlight=> &highlight=

So far, the new website has just the kernel of what I hope it will host eventually. Currently it's missing the years 1982-1985 altogether. After I get those done in basic form, there are many enhancements I'd like to add. The website currently has a page listing these future plans.

I hope this is useful for many people and worth the effort this has taken.

Please reply about what you think of the site and perhaps what features you'd like to see if they are not already on the future plans page.

Hope it's useful and enjoyable for you.

Regards,

Jim Davis