Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2018, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Mar 2018 07:46:33 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Fuel tank problem solving
Comments: To: Gene P <olgreywoof@gmail.com>

More the suggestion that the air line itself, the plastic or rubber airline, has the potential (ha!) of building up static charge as result of the air blowing thru it. And I’m thinking about spark from hose to van as you bring the hose up start the gas line cleaning. There might be some gasoline vapours around...

Maybe in reality the chance of sparking is low, i.e. plenty of alternate grounds.

You know how it is, one worries about gasoline fires.

Cheers

Alistair