Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2018, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Apr 2018 03:28:01 +0000
From:         Vincent Dow <ianvincentdow@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Hot brakes!
Comments: To: stuartmacm@gmail.com

Thanks for these intel Stuart. I’ll definitely run down those cv boots. Having thre turn after just two years is an epic hassle.

I’m going to try and mdje Montreal like I said. I was going to add grease every day in case it’s all getting tossed out by wheel-rotation.

That said: my cv axles still sound good. The last set was making a terrific clunking as I drove off - going through the gears. When we opened them up, the grease was like bread dough. And they still pushed the van from Los Angeles to Montreal. (Across the Rockies etc)

This now is my 9th LA - Montreal trip in *Modesto* Pretty impressive this little rig.

Tonight I got pulled over in La Junta C0 for No lisccnce plate light. When I opened the glove box my last insurance proof was expired!!! Yikes. I was able to drum one up on my computer which happened to be in the van. That was really close to sorrow... too close.

My van has a set of electric fans where the plate would normally be. And the plate is offset to the passenger side. The other side of the fans is the Subaru MPFI 16 valve plate from the air cleaner cover on the donor car... and my rear bumper is a redwood 2x6. In other words, it’s weird. It’s very cool and original, but it’s kind and f asking for trouble from cops.

I gave to get a lic. plate light tomorrow!!!