Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2018, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Apr 2018 17:44:44 -0400
From:         "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: flue vent assembly
Comments: To: edvbarger@MAC.COM

Don't worry Ed. The Vanagon will find a way to fill in any empty time slots you have. Make you a decent mechanic too. Sticker in my back window (from some bus get together) "Volkswagen - Turning Owners Into Mechanics For 50 Years".

Dave B.

-----Original Message----- From: Edward V Barger <edvbarger@MAC.COM> To: vanagon <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sat, Apr 14, 2018 9:04 pm Subject: Re: flue vent assembly

thanks to Alistair’s posted photos https://shufti.blog/2010/08/11/dometic-fridge-flue-assembly/ <https://shufti.blog/2010/08/11/dometic-fridge-flue-assembly/>

made it a snap

This list is a lifesaver for me

Now down to Monday washing and waxing then installing the small car oil dip stick and bundling up some wiring from the electronics box to the engine. it is subie powered

Spent couple of days just cleaning the interior it sat for almost two years at the body shop some time with the top off etc some one took the blue tarp that was covering the top

Next week will pack it up to be ready for our first trip in over 5 years

When we get back from the short trip will get the AC serviced

I have put rattle trap over much of the side panels including doors , fire wall and engine cover etc

Will do the front wheel wells under the carpet when we get back most likely will not have time before

Looking forward to hearing how much better the noise level is

Have enough rattle trap yet to do the front floor under the carpet also will listen on this trip to see where the noise comes from

Even though I am technically retired still cleaning up paperwork from the two businesses taking care of my sisters estate

learning new computer programs Lightroom and adobe bridge just got a new Epson 9 color printer for photos

learning how to make sourdough bread getting my garden small as it is together etc

Guess I do not know how to slow down have worked 65 hour weeks most of my life in the film business and before

worked while in high school and 40 hours a week while carrying 12 hours at university need ed work for the $ and school to stay out of Viet nam ended up in the air force in Korea America force radio and tv

rambling

ed

Edward V Barger edvbarger@mac.com 310 922 6251