Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2018, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Apr 2018 12:30:10 -0600
From:         OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: WBX engine break-in
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>

I 2nd all that DH just said & will add My Recipe >

For an H2OBoxerEng' ~

Conventional/Dino 5w30 ~ 1st Hour ~ then drain it 1000-3000RPM ~ Trying not to stay @ any 1 RPM for vary long

Conventional/Dino 5w30 ~ 0 - 600 Miles ~ then drain it Not over 4000RPM ~ Trying not to stay @ any 1 RPM for vary long

Conventional/Dino 5w30 ~ 600 - 1200 Miles ~ then drain it Not over 4000RPM ~ Trying not to stay @ any 1 RPM for vary long

Conventional/Dino 5w40 ~ 1200 - 2000 Miles ~ then drain it Not over 4000RPM ~ Trying not to stay @ any 1 RPM for vary long

Conventional/Dino 5w40 ~ 2000 - 4000 Miles ~ then drain it Not over 4000RPM ~ Trying not to stay @ any 1 RPM for vary long

Conventional/Dino 5w40 ~ 4000 - 7000 Miles ~ then drain it Not over 4400RPM ~ Trying not to stay @ any 1 RPM for vary long

Conventional/Dino 5w40 ~ 7000 - 10000 Miles ~ then drain it Not over 4800RPM ~ Trying not to stay @ any 1 RPM for vary long

FullSynthetic 0w40 or 5w40 ~ 10000 - 14000 & every 4K after that until OilPressureGauge tells me I might want to think about a *w50

or an Eng'Rebuild

Switching to FullSynth Earlier is OK if there is Little to No Oil Consumption & You are planning an Extended Run with a Load ~

ORR ~ DeanB