Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2018, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Apr 2018 14:20:30 +0000
From:         Ryan Perry <rjdperry@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Oil Pressure Light LED Trouble Shooting and Replacement

So I am still working through fixing my oil pressure light not lighting up on start and have checked continuity from the Sender up to the dash. So honing in on the dash plug through the circuit board to the LED.

Seems all shows as connected on the circuit board up to the little transistors or resistors or 2 hot dog looking things on the circuit that connect to the LED on either leg.

Am I correct in thinking continuity should go all the way to the bulb in which case those little striped hot dog looking things are not working and or blown? Possible to replace?

Also, in my stupidity I put 12v on the LED to test and blew it out. So I have learned a lesson on how to test LEDs and know I need a new one.

I am guessing this is a standard red 5mm LED and can order through Amazon <https://www.amazon.com/KingSo-colors%C3%97100pcs-Electronics-Components-Transparent/dp/B079L5JTGJ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1524492243&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=red+5mm+led&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011&psc=1> but only need one so this is crazy overkill. Any ideas on a local place, like Radio Shack used to be, that carries stuff like this? Also, how do you know which leg goes to which slot when installing? Seems LED are polar to work and I don't see any markings on the little slots it goes into.

Thanks for you brain power! Ryan Asheville, NC