Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2018, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 May 2018 09:14:14 -0700
From:         Julianna Thoennes <mumbrue@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday survey for Westy owners
Comments: To: Mike Miller <mwmiller6@att.net>

My battery box is butchered. Someone didn’t know how to remove the battery, and pulled the lip up and it’s rippled and rusty now. Too bad, but thankfully I bought this van for cheap. I tend to haul all kinds of junk in my van, so being pretty is not necessary, although the rust is irritating. Why and how could somebody think that doing that to the box would be acceptable??? I think the easiest way to make it look better, would be to cut that top edge off, and grind it smooth, then paint it. It still won’t look great, as they mangled it, but it would look better! A Summer project I think!

Julianna 1991 VW Vanagon Westfalia (Ophelia)