Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2018, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 3 Jun 2018 17:25:39 -0700
From:         Syncrohead <syncrohead@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Floppy armrest - success!
Comments: To: Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>

J made a custom punch tool like one of these. Started with a rod sized to just slide through the hole and push the pin. Then I ground down the last 1/4" of its length to a diameter which will go inside the scroll. This allow one to line it up, hold it in place while preparing to strike it with a hammer. Having the end go inside the scroll makes a huge difference.

Jim Davis