Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2018, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Jun 2018 12:45:28 -0500
From:         Stephen Edwards <chibicyclist@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Need help adjusting gear shift linkage

Fixed!

Thanks everyone who chimed in. Long story short: made a 23mm hardwood block to set the front shifter fork (Bentley call them “fingers”) at the right spot, and had to do ton of trial and error tweaking the splined, clamped joint in the middle of the shifter rod, just behind the gas tank. I now have reverse and four forward gears.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone