Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2018, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Jun 2018 08:02:13 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: fuel line shield?
Comments: To: Dan N <dn92610@gmail.com>

Dear Sheild

1. Removal of a shield is at your own peril - like taking the guard rail or toe board off Scaffold — do you know how many people go up a Scaffold or roof with an expensive 5 point harnass on and do not clip to an anchor point — many - and when they fall they wish they had clipped in —

Part of my life is as a marine surveyor — one of the biggest issues I see on boats - both commercial and pleasure craft - is the hose chaff — expensive and heavy wall hose chaffed or destroyed - deterioration from electric leakage of energy causing electrolisis - rubbing on other hoses - rubbing on vibrating engine - rubbing on deck or stringer or thwart - —

What I did when I reinstalled fuel lines on a 1985 was run each piece through a chunk of 5/8 heater hose —

It does not take much extra time - and gives great piece of mind —

If you can forgo it —

And as to a Mechinc not mentioning the lack of shields - well much could be driving that — I have a pal who drives 1949 and 1950 ford products on a daily basis — when ever he works on a modern piece of gear one of the first things he does is remove all the shielding - all of it - so his robe on lawn mower looks like a steam punk device built for Lemony Snicket More open chains and drive shafts than you can imagine —

Your daughter or son is going out on a date tonight - should they put the shield in place ?? I mean it is just for heat and last time it broke as I removed it - how can it serve any purposeful use after it has done its job for several years

Regards

---------------------------------------------------------- PR MARINE SURVEYORS & http://www.tvthatworks.com http://www.tvpowellriver.com LinkedIn -

- ca.linkedin.com/pub/roger-whittaker/14/78a/b71/Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://www.youtube.com/user/LastonLastof#g/u http://vimeo.com/42309497

http://www.prpeak.com/articles/2010/11/29/multimedia/video/doc4c62e5f80d228504902172.txt